Bannerghatta National Park is located at a distance of 22 km from the IT city of India Be Bengaluru which was inaugurated in the year 1971. It houses an umpteen number of flora and fauna species. This national Park has been spread across an area of 104.27 sq.km. If you want to be in a land of beautiful butterflies, then this is the place you should be going to, as this National Park is considered as India’s first butterfly park. Apart from that, other tourist attractions include an aquarium, ten Reserve Forests of Anekal Range which belongs to the Bengaluru Forest Division, Children’s park, Snake Park, Crocodile Farm, museum, and Prehistoric Animal Park. You will get a chance to feel the thrill by going for a jungle safari which is quite popular amongst the enthusiastic visitors.
If you are getting bored of living in the artificial beauty of the city life, then this place can help you relax in the lap of nature. Be ready to click lots of beautiful pictures from different angles. Out of large number of animal species living here, some of the popular species are fox, Leopard, sloth bear, wild boar, spotted deer, Indian gazelle, Asiatic Lion, porcupine, Bengal Tiger, cobra, monitor lizard, and many more.
In plant kingdom, you can find the most valuable sandalwood, bamboo, neem, tamarind, eucalyptus to name a few. Different establishments which are mentioned above provides people a chance to get all in one place. Apart from watching the living wildlife, they can also know more about them in the museum and prehistoric park. Not only children but people of various age groups can be benefited by visiting this national park apart from enjoying various recreational activities. If you like adventure, then this place can serve you the best by offering you with various thrilling activities such as trekking and hiking.
More on Bannerghatta National Park
Jungle Safari in Bannerghatta
Jungle Safari is undoubtedly amongst the most popular activity here. You will reach out to the inner and core beauty of the National park where you can also get a chance to see many wild animal roaming in their lovely natural habitat. You can also see the big cat and other carnivorous and herbivorous animals if you take a trip into the jungle through the Jungle Safari. You will cover an 8 km long Grand Safari whereas Lion Safari is of 11 km long. You can opt from anyone of the options i.e., Zoo & Grand Safari, Zoo &Lion Safari or only Zoo Safari. Try to reach the National Park as early (before 2 PM) as possible on weekends as tickets get sold out real fast.
- Kids (between 6 and 12 years): Rs. 130.00
- Adults: Rs. 260.00
- Senior Citizens (60 years and above): Rs. 150.00
Safari for Foreigners
- Kids: Rs. 300.00
- Adults: Rs. 400.00
Attractions in Bannerghatta National Park
In order to ensure that visitors can experience all the major attractions of the park, it has been divided into different sections. Some of the segments are:
1. Elephant Sanctuary: This park is a dedicated Elephant corridor. You can find elephants roaming freely on the grassland and in wilderness alone or in groups. It is spread over an area of 122 acres and was designed by the famous elephant expert Carlo Buckley. You can take pictures of these mammoth animals.
2. Zoo: You can witness many a wildlife living in this park with ultimate safety and protection. You can visit small theatre and a reptile park to get some idea about animal kingdom.
3. Butterfly Park: Not so long ago, on the 25th of November 2006, a butterfly park was inaugurated in this place. This park is spread over an area of 7.5 acres and to let people know more about different kinds of butterfly species, it has an audiovisual room, a museum and a conservatory. You can see about 20 different species of butterflies in the conservatory and will be amazed by the artificial ecosystem created for them.
Best Time to Visit Bannerghatta National Park
You can visit this park throughout the year. The normal temperature of this place ranges from 15 degree to 35 degree Celsius with an average annual rainfall of 700 mm (approx.). However, the best time to visit this place is during November to June when the weather is clear and cool.
How to Reach Bannerghatta National Park
This park is not so far from the Bengaluru city (22 km), so you can easily reach here using public transport. You need to look for the city bus number G-4,
365, or 366 and can easily reach this place. The nearest landmark to the National Park is Jayadeva Hospital/Mico. The nearest railway station is Bengaluru City Jn. which is about 23 km away from the Park.
Best Restaurants Nearby
You can find many restaurants nearby where you can have a tasty meal before entering the Park and after leaving the park. Some of the restaurants are Nagarjuna, Garma Garam, Chung Wah, Seasons and Chavadi and Simply Indian and many others.
- You can take pictures and video at a cost of INR 25 and INR 200 respectively.
- Do not litter as it is an eco friendly zone free from plastic.
Places To Visit Near Bannerghatta National Park
This natural wonder also provides you the facility to go for a trekking. There are various trekking route present in the national Park. You can go trekking to the Mirza Hill that is only 1.5 km away whereas other options you have are Hajjamana Kallu at a distance of 3 km and Uddigebande located at a distance of 3.5 km.