This three-storey monument is a shrine of Baba
Payam-Uddin, a Muslim saint. This place was his place of death, in 1480, and
was ultimately converted into a shrine, in the 14th century, now regularly
visited by his devotees. The shrine is located below Gulmarg, in the district
Before he renounced all ties to the materialistic
world, Baba reshi was a member of Kashmir King Zain-ul-Abidin’s court. His
shrine is now visited by people from all religions, throughout the year.